Blue Water Concepts is looking at expanding our project management team with an experienced full-time Project Manager!
We are a tight-knit group, located in beautiful Squamish, BC who understands that there is more to life than just work, which is why we have all chosen the Sea to Sky to live, work and play.
Blue Water Concepts started six years ago here in Squamish and has grown consistently and comfortably over those years to include an amazing group of individuals in both the office and the field. With regular staff appreciation events, team bike rides and a very positive office and job site culture, staff retention has been a large contributor to our growth and success thus far. Our dedication to both our craft and our clients has allowed us to build a reputation we are proud of. Return clients and referrals make up over 95% of our current work.
Deliverables and Accountabilities
The Project Manager is a key part of the fulfillment of the promises we make to our customers. The company’s brand and customer experience rely on the proper execution of the responsibilities of this role. The areas of accountability are as follows:
- Approximately 40 hours produced on budget and on schedule per week.
- Aid in the maintenance of an average 9/10 quality score through assisting with the customer’s experience and ensuring they are exceptionally satisfied.
- Daily updates to all required administrative tracking systems.
Deliverable 1 – Delivering projects on budget and on schedule:
- Attend daily meetings with the Lead Hand to gain full communication amongst the team the understanding of projects and their daily and weekly goals.
- Bi-weekly goals (potentially Mondays) are to be determined by the Project Manager. These goals are to be communicated and delegated at the Project Managers’ discretion amongst the teams.
- A bi-weekly review of the above goals is also to be completed. Review of successes and areas of improvement is mandatory to eliminate errors in future management.
- Prepare and maintain a master construction schedule for the projects being managed. This schedule is to be communicated to all team members as needed.
- Help to ensure tools and materials are prepared in advance to enable projects to be produced in the most efficient manner possible.
- Follow up and troubleshoot any existing issues related to each project. Team conflict, client concerns, supplier, or vendor discrepancies. Work should be double-checked and reviewed for deficiencies.
- Prepare and track all change orders related to each project. Approval, communication, and organization of each change order are the responsibility of the Project Manager.
- Manage and maintain client budgets on a bi-weekly basis. Ensure to include estimated project costs, actual project costs and new totals if change orders are added. Budgets will be updated bi-weekly and sent to Admin staff to be passed along to clients during bi-weekly invoicing.
- Ensure all necessary materials and tool rentals are requested daily to prevent delays to the production schedule.
- Maintain regular contact with the appropriate staff members to ensure that all project progress is on track.
- Bi-weekly subcontractor invoices are to be reviewed and approved for office staff to invoice by end of day Tuesdays. Should there be any invoicing discrepancies, the Project Manager will rectify these in a timely manner to be included on the following invoice.
Deliverable 2 – Customer Service:
- Respond to and rectify all customer questions related to changes to project timelines, work scope, design, and/or Change Orders to the Project Manager.
- Set client expectations to be available on a set bi-weekly schedule for project updates and to address any concerns and/or changes.
- Communicate with all customers and subcontractors in a professional and polite manner.
Deliverable 3 – Administrative Responsibilities:
- Maintain and update accurate data in our time tracking app.
- Accurately complete all expense forms – travel mileage and job related (if applicable). Submissions are due weekly to the office administrator.
- Report directly to the Blue Water Concepts Owner.
- Attend daily on time with prep completed.
- Maintain and update accurate data for all previously listed administrative responsibilities as per individual submission deadlines.
Requirements and Skills
- Proven working experience in project management
- Excellent client-facing and internal communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office
Project management qualification (PMP) or equivalent
- Knowledge of BC building code
- Willing to work on large renovations, new builds and additions
- Valid BC Class 5 Drivers License with vehicle
- Available Monday to Friday from 8 to 4
- Experience with CoConstruct or similar software
- Work under pressure and timelines
As an employee of Blue Water Concepts, you will join a team of experienced professionals that combine high-level work ethic with a friendly approach. We offer a competitive salary, bonus program, and benefits with plenty of opportunities to grow your career. We are a family-friendly company that understands the flexibility required to successfully balance a demanding career and a rewarding home life; we believe in working to live, not living to work. Compensation for this position is dependent upon experience. Additional compensation includes:
- Employee Health Benefits Package
- Staff Functions and Team Building Events
- Opportunities to further education and job training by contributing to the interests of our employees.
If you possess these skills and experience level, please send your resume, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.