Full time • Dependent upon experience. • Employee Health Benefits Package • Staff Functions and Team Building Events • Blue Water is dedicated to furthering education and contributing to the interests of our employees.
1. Lead Carpenters problem solve on an ongoing basis. No two projects are the same, however, Lead Carpenters are expected to use past experience and current building standards to achieve a high-quality final product.
2. Lead Carpenters will be oriented with new projects by reviewing budget and schedule targets with our Lead Estimator and Project Manager.
3. Lead Carpenters are expected to attend a weekly Goal Setting and Review Meeting (GSR) to set weekly goals, review daily logs, bring up current issues and problem solve with the Project Manager.
4. Lead Carpenters are hired with the understanding that they have skills and experience to complete all carpentry related aspects of a given project from foundation to finish.
5. Come to site prepared and engaged to set and discuss daily goals to maximize efficiency and lead other team members.
6. Ensure tools and materials are ordered and readied in advance to enable projects to advance in the most efficient manner possible.
7. Work in a pre-determined and timely manner to ensure all team members are completing tasks within the allotted time frame.
8. Double check all work completed by your team to proactively prevent deficiencies.
9. Immediately address deficiencies to prevent production delays and report any issues to the Site Foreman and/or Project Manager.
10. Oversee and ensure all materials and tools are properly used, maintained, and stored to prevent unnecessary waste and damage.
11. Maintain regular daily communication and contact with the Site Foreman and/or Project Manager to ensure that all project progress is on track.
12. Actively lead by example to ensure team members are following Blue Water Company safety policies and that worksite behavior is representational of company values and image.
13. Ensure that job sites are left in a clean and organized manner on a daily basis.
• Red Seal Carpenter • Ability to manage a team of 2 to 6 while also working on the tools • 5+ years experience as a Lead Carpenter in a similar role with Site Foreman experience • 5+ years in Residential Construction – Foundations to Finishing • Valid BC Class 5 Drivers Licence and vehicle • Available Monday to Friday from 8 to 4
Looking For A Home Renovation Contractor in Squamish?