Blue Water Concepts is looking to expand our field team with a full-time Lead Carpenter.
We are a tight-knit group, located in beautiful Squamish, BC who understands that there is more to life than just work, which is why we have all chosen the Sea to Sky to live, work and play.
Blue Water Concepts started six years ago here in Squamish and has grown consistently and comfortably over those years to include an amazing group of individuals in both the office and the field. With regular staff appreciation events, team bike rides and a very positive office and job site culture, staff retention have been a large contributor to our growth and success thus far. Our dedication to both our craft and our clients has allowed us to build a reputation we are proud of. Return clients and referrals make up over 95% of our current work.
The Lead Carpenter is a key part of the fulfillment of the promises we make to our customers. The company’s brand, reputation and customer experience rely on the proper execution of the responsibilities of this role. The areas of accountability are as follows:
– Approximately 40 hours produced on budget and on schedule per week
– Maintain an average 9/10 quality score through customer experience and ensure they are exceptionally satisfied.
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid Certificate is an asset
- Available Monday to Friday from 8 to 4
- Able to lift and physically fit
- Motivated and organized
- Ability to act safely in an active and fast-paced environment
- Have skills and experience to complete all carpentry-related aspects of a given project from foundation to finish
- Must have own vehicle or method to get to site daily
- Ability to manage a team of up to 2 to 4 labourers, apprentices and/or carpenters while also working on the tools
- 5+ years experience as a Lead Carpenter in a similar role, with Site Foreman experience assisting with managing trades on site.
- 5+ years in Residential Construction
- Read blueprints, perform layout by measuring, marking and arranging materials.
- Foundation to finish and all other general carpentry-related tasks.
- Strong attention to detail and understand fine finishing techniques.
- Red Seal ticket is an asset
- Passive House Trades Person certification is an asset but not required
- All job site labour as required: This can include but is not limited to digging, moving materials, site clean-up, assisting Lead Carpenters on various construction tasks, waste removal and dump runs etc.
- Accurately log hours in the Time Tracking App daily.
- Attend a weekly Goal Setting and Review Meeting (GSR) in order to set weekly goals, review daily logs, bring up current issues and problem solve with the Project Manager.
- Come to the daily meetings prepared and ready to participate. Take notes and work through a sequential list of tasks as set out by superiors.
- Problem solve, use experience, and current building standards to achieve a high-quality final product.
- Review budget and schedule targets with our production manager and project managers.
- Use and store materials properly to avoid waste, shortages, and damage and eliminate avoidable delays in projects.
- Work as a team and/or individually in an efficient manner to ensure all tasks are being completed within the allotted time frame.
- Ensure tools and materials are ordered and readied in advance to enable projects to advance in the most efficient manner possible.
- Double-check all work with the Lead Carpenters or PMs to proactively prevent deficiencies.
- Immediately address deficiencies to prevent production delays.
- Report any damaged or lost/stolen tools are reported to Site Foreman and/or Service Manager.
- Help set sites up for adverse weather days.
- Always maintain site street presence, with a priority on public safety and cleanliness.
Salary: $37.50-$45.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8-hour shifts
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Reliably commute or plan to relocate to Squamish before starting work (required)
- Construction: 5 years (required)
- Blueprint reading: 1 year (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Red Seal (preferred)
As an employee of Blue Water Concepts, you will join a team of experienced professionals that combine a high-level work ethic with a friendly approach. We offer a competitive salary, bonus program, and benefits with plenty of opportunities to grow your career. We are a family-friendly company that understands the flexibility required to successfully balance a demanding career and a rewarding home life; we believe in working to live, not living to work.
If you possess these skills and experience level, please send your resume, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.