Carpenter – Powell River
Carpenter, Full Time. We are a growing residential construction company with a turnkey design, build, and renovate focus, with headquarters based in Squamish, BC. We are looking for a Carpenter to join us on Hardy Island near Powell River for an exciting project! We are renovating an existing cabin, building a new detached garage, and assembling an additional Backcountry Hut from March through October 2023. Site access will be provided by boat and shifts will be four 10-hour days per week.
The ideal candidate for the Carpenter role has some experience in carpentry and construction, is punctual, and works well on a team but has adequate competencies to work on their own. They are motivated, possess a positive attitude, and are keen to advance in their career.
- Approximately 40 hours produced on budget and on schedule per week.
- Maintain an average 9/10 quality score through customer experience and ensure they are exceptionally satisfied.
- Daily updates are required to all administrative tracking and reporting systems.
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid Certificate is an asset
- Available Monday to Friday from 8 to 4
- Able to lift and physically fit
- Motivated and organized
- Ability to act safely in an active and fast-paced environment
- Thorough understanding of the overall construction process, including forethought for subtrades and finishes
- Thorough knowledge of all building assemblies and the problem-solving skills required to make educated decisions to complete construction of those assemblies within project requirements and design intent
- Be able to read and interpret all project documentation provided by the Project Manager taking all requirements and limitations into consideration
- Accurately log hours in the Time Tracking App daily.
- Attend daily meetings with the Lead Carpenter and follow their instructions to complete daily tasks and meet daily and weekly goals.
- Come to daily meetings prepared and ready to participate. Take notes and work through a sequential list of tasks as set out by superiors.
- Follow instructions from the Lead Carpenter and Project Manager to complete daily tasks and meet deadlines.
- Use and store materials properly to avoid waste, shortages, and damage and eliminate avoidable delays in projects.
- Work as a team and/or individually in an efficient manner to ensure all tasks are being completed within the allotted time frame.
- Provide the Lead Carpenter with daily updates regarding any customer interactions, when required.
- Assist with material and/or tool pickups or drop-offs as required by sites.
- Double-check all work with the Lead Carpenters or PMs to proactively prevent deficiencies.
- Immediately address deficiencies to prevent production delays.
- Report any damaged or lost/stolen tools are reported to Site Foreman and/or Service Manager.
- Help set sites up for adverse weather days.
- Always maintain site street presence, with a priority on public safety and cleanliness.
As an employee of Blue Water Concepts, you will join a team of experienced professionals that combine high-level work ethic with a friendly approach. We offer a competitive salary, bonus program, and benefits with plenty of opportunities to grow your career. We are a family-friendly company that understands the flexibility required to successfully balance a demanding career and a rewarding home life; we believe in working to live, not living to work.
If you possess the skills and experience that meet the job requirements, please send your resume, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.
- Dependent upon experience – hourly range provided below
- Employee Health Benefits Package
- Staff Functions and Team Building Events
- Blue Water is dedicated to furthering education and contributing to the interests of our employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Wage: $30.00-$37.50 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Four 10-hour shifts
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Alberni, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Construction: 2 years (required)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)