Blue Water Concepts is looking to expand our field team with a full-time Apprentice Carpenter.
We are a tight-knit group, located in beautiful Squamish, BC who understands that there is more to life than just work, which is why we have all chosen the Sea to Sky to live, work and play.
Blue Water Concepts started six years ago here in Squamish and has grown consistently and comfortably over those years to include an amazing group of individuals in both the office and the field. With regular staff appreciation events, team bike rides and a very positive office and job site culture, staff retention have been a large contributor to our growth and success thus far. Our dedication to both our craft and our clients has allowed us to build a reputation we are proud of. Return clients and referrals make up over 95% of our current work.
The Apprentice Carpenter is a key part of the fulfillment of the promises we make to our customers. The company’s brand, reputation and customer experience rely on the proper execution of the responsibilities of this role. The areas of accountability are as follows:
- Approximately 40 hours produced on budget and on schedule per week
- Maintain an average 9/10 quality score through customer experience and ensure they are exceptionally satisfied.
- Daily updates to all required administrative tracking and reporting systems.
- Valid BC Driver’s License
- Valid First Aid Certificate is an asset
- Available Monday to Friday from 8 to 4
- No prior experience is necessary but an asset
- Able to lift and physically fit
- Motivated and organized
- Ability to act safely in an active and fast-paced environment
- Accurately log hours in the Time Tracking App daily.
- Attend daily meetings with the Lead Carpenter and follow their instructions to complete daily tasks and meet daily and weekly goals.
- Arrive promptly to daily meetings prepared and engaged to set and discuss daily goals.
- Work as a team or solo in a pre-planned and efficient manner to ensure all tasks are being completed within the allotted time frame.
- Double-check all work you produce to proactively prevent deficiencies.
- Immediately address deficiencies to prevent production delays.
- Engage in proper tool maintenance and report any damages, misuse, or lost/stolen tools to Site Foreman and/or Project Manager.
- Provide the Lead Carpenter with daily updates regarding any customer interactions, when required.
- Report any issues to be addressed by the Lead Carpenter/Project Manager.
- Accurately complete all expense forms – travel mileage and job-related expenses (if applicable). Submissions are due weekly to the office administrator.
- Compile and submit all receipts from purchases made on the company account, being sure to include the appropriate P.O.’s.
Salary: $23.00-$25.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- 8-hour shifts
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Squamish, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
As an employee of Blue Water Concepts, you will join a team of experienced professionals that combine a high-level work ethic with a friendly approach. We offer a competitive salary, bonus program, and benefits with plenty of opportunities to grow your career. We are a family-friendly company that understands the flexibility required to successfully balance a demanding career and a rewarding home life; we believe in working to live, not living to work.
If you possess these skills and experience level, please send your resume, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.