Apprentice Carpenter – Powell River
Apprentice Carpenter, Full Time. We are a growing residential construction company with a turnkey design, build, and renovate focus, with headquarters based in Squamish, BC. We are looking for an Apprentice Carpenter to join us on Hardy Island near Powell River for an exciting project! We are renovating an existing cabin, building a new detached garage, and assembling an additional Backcountry Hut from March through October 2023. Site access will be provided by boat and shifts will be four 10-hour days per week.
The ideal candidate for the Carpenter Apprentice role has some experience in carpentry and construction, is punctual, and works well on a team but has adequate competencies to work on their own. They are motivated, possess a positive attitude, and are keen to advance in their career.
- Approximately 40 hours produced on budget and on schedule per week.
- Maintain an average 9/10 quality score through customer experience and ensure they are exceptionally satisfied.
- Daily updates are required to all administrative tracking and reporting systems.
- Must be able to lift 50lbs+
- Valid BC Drivers License
- Available Monday to Friday from 7 to 5, our team works 4×10-hour shifts per week.
- 2+ years in a similar role
- Detail-oriented with a passion for producing high-quality projects
- Criminal Record Check
- Valid First Aid Certificate is an asset but not required
- Current enrolment in a Carpentry Apprenticeship program is an asset but not required
- CPHT designation is an asset but not required.
- Follow instructions from the Lead Carpenter and Project Manager to complete all daily tasks and meet deadlines.
- Use and store materials properly to avoid waste, shortages, and eliminate avoidable delays in projects.
- Work as a team and/or individually in an efficient manner to ensure all tasks are being completed within the allotted time frame.
- Ensure site cleanliness and safety at all times.
- Double-check all work with the site superior to proactively prevent deficiencies.
- Engage in proper tool maintenance and storage, reporting any damages, misuse, or lost/stolen tools to the Lead Carpenter and/or Project Manager
As an employee of Blue Water Concepts, you will join a team of experienced professionals that combine high-level work ethic with a friendly approach. We offer a competitive salary, bonus program, and benefits with plenty of opportunities to grow your career. We are a family-friendly company that understands the flexibility required to successfully balance a demanding career and a rewarding home life; we believe in working to live, not living to work.
If you possess the skills and experience that meet the job requirements, please send your resume, current references, and contact information along with a brief letter of introduction outlining how you meet the prerequisites listed above, your employment expectations, goals, & availability.
- Dependent upon experience – hourly range provided below
- Employee Health Benefits Package
- Staff Functions and Team Building Events
- Blue Water is dedicated to furthering education and contributing to the interests of our employees.
Job Type: Full-time
Wage: $25.00-$32.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
- Four 10-hour shifts
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Port Alberni, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Expected start date: 2023-03-15